Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"Real men"

Today  The topic of a "Real man" came up.. And to this person i was claimed to be "still a pup" or not a real man yet. and her  definition of a real man was "A male who is essentially an asshole" My reasoning for this was i was talking to my girlfriend and her mother and  my girlfriend said something about not wanting children and her mom asked if she never wanted children. My girlfriend replyed "Well not any time soon at least"  her mother countered with "well there is no reason to be with a man expect to give you children"  my girlfriend then said we were nice and fun to play with and  then her mother countered once more with "well real men are not nice they are assholes" then proceeded to call me a pup because i was still nice...  and In my mind i started to wonder... When does an asshole make a good man? It seems to me that rash. hot headed assholes were the pettiest of people.. Not really "men". Maybe she meant something about standing up  and being an asshole when needed or what ever but how could she say i have not done that at all when it was absolutely necessary? If that is her definition of a "real man" Then I do not want to be a real man. I'd rather stay a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment